Many general people are unsure if they should go for a macbook with MAC IOS or any other laptop with Microsoft Windows. While the laptop specs maybe the same the small detail of the operating system can actually make a huge difference.
Here are a few very simple and obvious differences between having a macbook and a windows laptop just to give you an idea:
Apple Mac book pro specs:
Mac OS X: Mavericks
8 gig ram
- The load time when starting a mac up is pretty darn fast. And as soon as the desktop opens you can begin using the computer straight away with no fuss or lag.
- A cool feature of macs are the multiple desktops which you can scroll through with a swipe of the track pad. Even when using 2 screens, each screen has multiple desktops.
- Using a mac you will hardly ever experience it stall where everything just stops and you need to wait a few seconds or minutes till it gets going again. Likewise it will hardly ever lag, it will lag but very rarely. By lag I mean clicking on a document and waiting ages for it to open.
- The trackpad (mousepad) works like a charm and responds exceptionally well. And there is so much more you can do with it. You can literally do everything with it. Ok not everything but there is so many cool features to it.
- The OS and interface is very user friendly and its very easy to find things. The great thing about it is its simplicity. System preferences is like the windows control panel and everything is there marked so well and done in a user friendly and uncomplicated manner.
- A downside is that macs are generally expensive, very expensive. So for the average computer user it will probably be out of their budget.
- Also most software is quite expensive for MAC OS.
- Yes it takes some getting used to, especially if you have been using windows all your life. But if you give it a chance I’m quite sure you will wonder how you took so long to try it.
Samsung Laptop Specs
8 GB RAM
Intel core i5 2.60 GHz
1 TB Hard drive
- Starting up windows takes some time no matter how good your laptop specs, unless you have a solid state drive in which case it will speed up quite a bit. And once the desktop is loaded you usually do have to wait a few seconds before you can start opening things.
- Windows still lags and hangs many times which can be frustrating. A simple thing like opening a word document can sometimes take 30+ seconds. It doesnt sound long but count it next time and you will realise how long it is.
- The mouse pad is getting better and is becoming similar to mac but it still doesnt respond as well to the touch as a mac trackpad. When they refine it a bit more maybe it will be up to par.
- Software is probably more easily available as many people use it, and probably most of your friends use microsoft so it wouldn’t be too difficult to get extra copies.
- Non mac laptops are obviously cheaper than a mac so if you are on a budget you can still get a really good laptop for less than a mac.